Healthy Eats – Flax & Kale

Like everyone, I have the occasional diet/lifestyle blip, but 80% of the time I try to stay on track with a healthy vegetarian diet and luckily there are lots of options in the city.

One of my favourite places to grab something to eat whilst I’m in the centre of Barcelona is Flax & Kale.

The great news is that you have three separate eateries to choose from, depending on whether you’re in more of a hurry or prefer a sit down session.

Flax & Kale à Porter offers healthy grab & go options, cold-pressed juices and specialty coffees. It’s a great little spot just above H&M and perfect for a quick pick me up when you’re shopping on one of my favourite streets.

TIP: Grab a seat by one of the windows and enjoy the views outside.  My favourites are the salads, washed down with a warm turmeric chai.
Passeig de Gràcia, 11.

Flax and Kale Barcelona

Flax & Kale Tallers was the first healthy flexitarian restaurant in Barcelona. All the dishes are amazing, look super pretty and, most importantly, are very nutritious. 80% of the dishes on offer are plant-based and the remaining 20% are recipes contain oily fish.  Take a look at the menu here.

TIP:  It can get very busy here so either be willing to wait during busy periods or book a table online.  I went along without a booking and happily shared a long table for single diners, so that’s also an option if you’re brave. Try the spicy kale chips and Raw Superbowl salad.  They also offer a kid’s menu!
Carrer dels Tallers, 74b 

Flax & Kale Passage is the newest of the eateries.  This place has its own exclusive gluten free healthy pizzas, healthy Asian fusion cuisine and even has a Kombucha Lab. Check out the menu.

TIP:  My favourite is the Brunch menu, offered Saturdays and Sundays from 9.30am.  Try the Savoury Waffles or their ‘Bac & Cheese’ bagel (tomato, young coconut ‘bacon’ and plant-based cheese).

Book a table here.
Sant Pere Més Alt, 31-33

Let me know your thoughts if you pay any of the places a visit! I’d love to know what you think.

Let me know what you think...